Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

they don't write 'em like that anymore

Morgan is hosting an old school blogging activity, so I thought I'd play along.  Remember the old days when we'd answer getting-to-know-you blog prompts?  This one is Valentine's Day themed...


1. When you were in elementary school, how did you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Was it a big deal or not so much?

All us kids did the customary make-a-unique-"mailbox"-from-a-shoebox.  Then on Valentine's Day, we each brought those cheapo Valentines that came fifty or so to a box and delivered one for each kid's box.  Then we'd have a party and get all sugared up.

Recently, a friend told a story of how her youngest son didn't like having to write out all those Valentines for his classmates, felt it was too much like homework.  But when he opened  his box and saw all the Valentines made just for him, he had a complete change of heart.  Awwww.

2. What has been your favorite gift you have received on Valentine’s Day?

I got a card from a boyfriend several years ago.  I won't repeat here what it said on the inside 😉.  But it was a nice card.

3. Should Valentine’s Day even be celebrated?

Yeah, sure.

4. Do you like to send Valentine’s Day cards?

Well, I don't send them, but not necessarily because I don't like to.  They're just not something I'd send to friends or relatives.

5. Do you ever receive Valentine’s Day cards?

Uhm, nope.  

6. Do you think people spend too much on Valentine’s Day?

Yes, I heard recently that people spend an average of about $150 on VD.  That's way too much!

7. What is your favorite Valentine’s Day candy?

Russell Stover milk chocolate assortment, thanks for asking.

8. What is your favorite movie with a love story?

Braveheart

9. Do you believe in “love at first sight”?

Nah, not really.

10. Tell us about your first crush!

First grade.  His name was Frank, and I was still too young to worry whether he liked me too or not.  I declared my love/crush, and thankfully the feeling was reciprocated.  Whoever got to school first would wait at the playground fence until the other arrived.  Then we would give each other a huge hug and live happily ever after.  Until the next day, and it all started again.  Then we got old.  

11. Do you have a terrible dating story? Tell it!

Yes, my terrible dating story involves my high school boyfriend.  It was a terrible date because he was on it behind my back with someone other than me.  Other than that, no.

12. Favorite love song?

I'm currently feeling "No Air" by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown.  But maybe it's because I have a cold and can't breathe.

13. Favorite Celebrity Couple?

I don't follow celebrities, but when I was a kid, I was a huge fan of Sonny and Cher


...and I wanted to be Cher when I grew up.  They broke up, and I'm not Cher. 


14. The best break up song…

"The Break Up Song", naturally.

15. If you had a perfect Valentine’s Day, what would you be doing?

Breathing.


8 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

i remember Sonny and Cher. they had a funny variety show. and her voice... wow. nice to meet another blogger.

Morgan Cartwright said...

People totally spend too much on Valentine's Day! I'm on the cheap end and I spent a whole $10 on my three children. :)
Thank you for participating!

ShadowRun300 said...

A few days before Valentine’s Day, my hubby and I agreed not to exchange cards. He didn’t want to spend the money, and I didn’t want to spend the time picking out the perfect card. We love each other, and show it every day. Who needs Valentine’s Day? So I worked a 12 hour shift, and when I got home, we watched the Olympics. What could be better?
Loved reading through your answers. But now I wanna know more about the “nice” card!

Abby said...

$10 on three kids sounds about right to me!

Abby said...

"Sonny and Cher" was so long ago! I had all their albums - the big round vinyl kind :)

Abby said...

Sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day! I honestly can't remember the last time we exchanged cards. Not necessary.
That one card, though. It was "nice".

Linda Hensley said...

Seems like my track record is to break up the week before VD. Every time I've thought I should've stuck it out for the box of chocolate first.

Abby said...

Totally. Live and learn.