Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

foodies and foundlings

Well, this week feels like it was a fly-by.  Wasn't it just last weekend?

It was a good week, though, from what I remember of it. We went through some position shifting at work, and I've got a new role - Fiesta Lady!  (a.k.a. I get to make and serve the Mexican stuff).  I'm liking it!  It's pretty.  Hopefully it tastes good too.  No, I'm not Mexican, but could pass for one in a pinch.

Did anyone catch the blood moon this week?  It was at its bloody peak just as I was going in to work - kind of an eerie site.  That day, it seemed that emotions were running high, and I attribute it to the weird moon activity.

A co-worker whose been struggling to get her teacher certification here in Colorado had reached a frustration peak.  She's normally a "tough chick", but I came upon her crying in the break room and listened as she vented.  Turns out she's a good candidate for help from P.E.O. which she, not surprisingly, had never heard of.

In a timely fashion, we had our annual P.E.O. Founders Day bash today, to celebrate the seven ladies who started this whole ball rolling.  Always a good time with about 200 of my sisters.

My chapter made a pretty good showing at the shindig:





If you ever find yourself crying in a break room on a weird-moon day and wondering how  you're going to pay for completing your master's degree, think of us...


8 comments:

Jimmy said...

I hate to admit that I actually missed the blood moon this week, maybe I should be crying in a breakroom somewhere...

LL Cool Joe said...

I heard about the moon but doubt it's something we'd see here in the UK, so now I need to go in the breakroom to cry too.

Linda Hensley said...

I have to admit that I never noticed the phase of the moon when I was crying in the breakroom, and I missed the blood moon too. Sending happy thoughts to your coworker. Your last post makes me want to go to the Asian market too. I don't know about dried squid, but I would like to get dried mushrooms.

Marcy said...

It's so great that you came upon your colleague when you were in the perfect position to offer help. Fiesta Lady! :)

Abby said...

Honestly, I probably would've missed the eclipse if I wasn't outside anyways. Then I'd be wondering why you were crying in the breakroom.

Abby said...

Yeah, the time difference probably messed it up "across the pond". Cry me a river.

Abby said...

I think the moon affects us, but it's just a theory.
The Asian market is fun. I bought some things I couldn't even read the labels of. Living on the edge!

Abby said...

"Fiesta Lady" - kinda has a superhero ring to it?