Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2017

do you remember...?

... the 21st night of September?

I went back and looked.  I did not write a blog post last year on the 21st of September.  Why is this significant?  I don't know.  I'm still wondering why the 21st night of September is so specifically referenced by Earth,Wind, and Fire.  Even Wikipedia didn't know:

"September 21 is the 264th day of the year (265th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 101 days remaining until the end of the year."

Well, how enlightening.

But Meego informs me that even kids TODAY jam to that song on September 21st.  He was the one who reminded me that today is that day.

Me:  Fall officially begins on Friday
Meego:  Yeah, but you know what Thursday  is, right?  "The 21st night of September"!
Me:  <crickets>

What I WAS blogging about around this time last year was mostly about how woozy I was feeling all the time.  And now I remember. September 2016 was particularly drunken.  This September is mucho better.

Maybe the allergy shots are responsible, plus I've been doing the neti pot (as opposed to that other pot).  I honestly think the neti pot is making a difference because I started it before the allergy shots.  I just noticed that when I began to google "neti pot", I got "neti pot death" right away.

I don't plan on death by neti pot.  I only use distilled water.

Anyway, as unglamorous as it is, the silly thing seems to work.

So, upon that realization, I feel like dancing.  Get that disco ball spinnin' because I'm not!




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linking up with Mama Kat for the prompt:
6. What were you blogging about last year at this time? How have things changed?


3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

One of those classic songs that has stood the test of time.

I'm glad you feel less drunk this September.

Jimmy said...

I sure remember that song it's funny how it has stood the test of time as they say.

Neti pot death! Let's not do that now ;)

Linda Hensley said...

I had to google "Neti pot death". Geez, one more thing trying to kill us. I guess I'll have to boil water.